1948 Ralph V. Hanchett and 2 of his son-in-laws purchase electromagnetic chuck line and form Hanchett Magna- Lock.
1970 Hanchett Magna -Lock is renamed to Magna-Lock Corporation.
1974 Magna-Lock Corporation is purchased by Hitachi Metals American Ltd. and Hitachi Magna-Lock Corporation name is now used.
1975 Former Sundstrand lift magnets and magnetic products lines were acquired.
1978 Hitachi Magna-Lock acquires Thompson Vacuum Company in Sarasota, Florida.
1981 Rectangular Permanent Magnet Chuck lines of Brown & Sharpe Manufacturing Company are purchased.
1985 Bruce Cocklin, former Hitachi Magna Lock employee, purchases lift magnet and permanent chuck lines to form Magnetic Specialties Corporation. Mattison Machine Works, purchases all of the other magnet lines and moves them to Illinois.
Early in 1997 Mattison Machine Works closes its doors and is sold to DeVlieg-Bullard.
Later in 1997 Centro-Metalcut, Inc. purchases product lines from DeVlieg-Bullard, Inc.
2002 Tri-CAM, Inc. is formed and purchases all product lines from CMI including Magna-Lock.
2007 Tri-CAM, Inc. assets and product lines are sold. David Nordman purchases product lines and forms Magna-Lock USA, Inc.
Today Magna Lock USA, Inc. continues to be a leader of innovative workholding solutions in the manufacturing industry. We understand and appreciate the many challenges our customers face in today’s economy. We aim to provide quality workholding solutions to help our customers stay competitive and profitable.